......the smell of homemade bread baking in the oven. Tonight I made my first loaves of wheat bread with some help and pointers from my dad who informed me that when he was growing up (in a family of 7 kids, mind you) his mom would make 12.......yes 12 loaves of bread EVERY saturday and he would help her. Making 2 loaves is a lot of work..... I can't imagine making 12 every week. Grandma, if you read this...you are amazing. :-) I love the process of combining the ingredients and letting the dough rise. There is something satisfying about taking that first slice of warm bread and knowing that you put so much effort into it. Mmmmmmm. And now our house smells like freshly baked bread.
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
There is nothing like....
......the smell of homemade bread baking in the oven. Tonight I made my first loaves of wheat bread with some help and pointers from my dad who informed me that when he was growing up (in a family of 7 kids, mind you) his mom would make 12.......yes 12 loaves of bread EVERY saturday and he would help her. Making 2 loaves is a lot of work..... I can't imagine making 12 every week. Grandma, if you read this...you are amazing. :-) I love the process of combining the ingredients and letting the dough rise. There is something satisfying about taking that first slice of warm bread and knowing that you put so much effort into it. Mmmmmmm. And now our house smells like freshly baked bread.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Mmmm, you need to post your recipe, unless it's a family secret ;) I've been wanting to learn myself!
I would love to learn how to make bread! I just wish we had a kitchen to make it in...
Yes, post the recipe. Looks yummy, I mean delicious. I guess I don't always have to use baby words. :)
YUM!
Deliver some over here!
yes....the smell of baking bread is THE BEST...enjoy! :)
Mmmmm.....that is one of the best smells ever! :) Yum!
i want the recipe too! even though i will have to make like 6 mini loaves in our little toaster oven... hahaha =) love you so!
oh my gosh, that looks so yummy! I love that fresh baked bread smell!
Post a Comment